Blending Polyethylene Pellets With Carbon Black
Resodyn Acoustic Mixers’ second generation technology, LabRAM II, provides up to I kg payload capacity and advanced control features. Virtually any combination of liquids, powders, pastes, and gases can be processed faster, better, more efficiently, and more productively using the LabRAM II bench-top mixing systems and accessories.
Milling and Coating with RAM
Coating larger particles with smaller ones is a common processing application, and milling is often a part of the same process. In the image on the top-left, carbon black (a nano powder) is processed with plastic pellets shown in the completed mix image in the center. The image on the top-right shows an enlarged view of the pellets before and after coating. RAMTM processing milled the agglomerated carbon black and coated all of the plastic pellets in less than 8 seconds, illustrating RAM’s ability to effectively apply a uniform coating on larger particles.
- Average Pellet Size: 0.125″
- Carbon Black Agglomerates: > 0.040″ in diameter
- Batch Size: 200 grams of polyethylene and 0.75 grams of carbon black
- The use of RAM™ technology for coating of pellets is efficient and there is no need for additional coating agents such as oils.
ResonantAcoustic® Mixer Value Proposition
- Mix 10-100 times faster than traditional mixers
- Improve product quality to new levels
- Reduce or eliminate clean-up costs
- Eliminate cross-contamination
- Scale easily from development to production
- Scale up without increased processing time