CHALLENGING LIQUID MIXES
Liquid mixing and processing are often more complex than they seem on first inspection. Varying properties like viscosity density, miscibility, solubility, behavior at temperature, phase change, and many others complicate mixing and processing of liquids. RAM technology overcomes these challenges unlike any other technology. Utilizing the ResonantAcoustic® Mixing (RAM) technology platform common to all devices, sound energy induces Faraday disturbances, or invasive “fingers” coupled with enveloping “cavities” at the boundary between liquids of differing characteristics.
RAM Brings the Mix to the Liquid Everywhere
Traditional mixing methods process liquids by creating vortices at the ends of blades, propellers or other engineered devices and accessories. This localization of the mixing function requires that all the liquid to be processed must be repeatedly brought “to the mix” and driven through the small mixing zones to achieve mixedness. RAM technology mixes everywhere immediately and continuously, bringing the “mix to the material.” The result is rapid, effective, and efficient mixing and processing of virtually any liquid with any other liquid or liquids. Blending is fast and complete. Emulsions are conformant and stable. Minor ingredients are thoroughly and consistently dispersed.
Eliminate Sequenced Ingredient Addition
RAM mixing processes do not require the “right” sequence of ingredient additions. RAM technology mixes throughout the entire vessel, immediately and continuously. Direct, multiple ingredient processing eliminates ingredient addition time, ingredient addition error, and virtually eliminates individual ingredient vessel clean-up.
The superior result of RAM mixing contributes to better suspension and longer term stability of many liquid mixes
HOW RAM MIXING
The Mechanics of RAM Mixing
RAM technology drives intense liquid to liquid boundary interaction through Faraday Instabilities, throughout the materials instantly and continuously. RAM delivers rapid, thorough mixing with excellent suspension stability and improved product shelf life.
- Vertical vessel movement of approximately 60 x/second and 0.55” / 14 mm displacement, at up to 100g of acceleration generates intense mixing.
- RAM’s primary liquid mixing mechanism is intense liquid to liquid material boundary interaction, facilitating and accelerating mixing.
- The addition of processing vacuum improves more viscous slurry mixing and aids in degassing
How RAM Compares to other Methods
Stop dragging material to the mix
- Traditional mixing methods require all ingredients to traverse the entire vessel to repeatedly enter and exit a small, localized mixing area to achieve proper mixedness.
- RAM technology activates all ingredients throughout the vessel immediately, eliminating material motion without mixing. RAM mixes everywhere in the vessel, all the time.
Bringing Quality to Liquids Mixing
- High quality liquid performance requires thorough interaction and distribution of all liquids, and stable suspension conditions for consistent processing characteristics at any point in the completed mix product.
- RAM’s intense and pervasive processing facilitates intense liquid-liquid boundary interaction, material dispersion, improving dispersion or emulsion stability and performance.
LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW
LIQUIDS MIXING WITH RAM
Polymer and Viscous Liquid Blending
Many polymer based processing applications require additional ingredients for performance or coloration. To illustrate RAM’s ability to quickly and thoroughly mix ingredients of different characteristics, 2.5 grams of food coloring was blended with 235 grams of a polymer surrogate. The final mixture shows the liquid fully dispersed within the polymer due to the unique and effective mixing action captured in the high speed footage.